Monday 19 March 2018

Don't ever change

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: Easter inspired, showcasing Your Next Stamp Products.

I took the pretty colors from the moodboard as my inspiration. I used Distress inks: Shaded lilac, spun sugar, cracked pistachio and tumbled glass for the dots on the bottom of the moodboard.

I used the Your Next Stamp One in a  chameleon set and I stamped it with Simon Says Stamp Intense black on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper as I intended to color him.
But then I spotted the sentiment in the set: don't ever change and I thought I would use the colors on the background, showing the beast unaffected, as you know chameleons
like to change with their surroundings.
It's not strictly an Easter card, but I love the springlike colors anyway.

I made a panel slightly smaller than the cardbase and cut a circle out of it, big enough to house the chameleon. Then I traced the opening onto the cardbase and applied said Distress inks.

Mounted the panel and critter with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase.

For more information or to play along the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Maaike :-) I love the background colours, so pretty and he little uncoloured chameleon is super cute :-) I love the whole CAS design of this! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete