Thursday 30 November 2017

Deck the halls

I used the Deck the Halls stampset from Gerda Steiner for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday (star light, star bright)  and Wednesday Challenge (anything goes showcasing Tim Holtz products).

I stamped the Kitty and sentiment with Versafine onyx black ink and then immediately sprinkled on Papermania clear embossingpowder and heat set it.
I watercolored the image with Distress inks (mowed lawn, candied apple, mustard seed and mermaid lagoon and pumice stone and tea dye for the kitty) a typical Tim Holtz product and one of my favorites. I then added Nuvo shimmer pen on the lights and ornaments and added Glossy Accents on the ornaments for shine and dimension.


For my bright shiny star element I thought a matching washi tape that also has kinda foiled golden stars on it would be the perfect shine. So I added it to the bottom of the cardbase and mounted the watercolored panel with foamtape on top

For more information onthe Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says StampWednesday Challenge, see this.

4 comments:

  1. Oohhh wat weer een super mooi kaartje.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh wat weer een super mooi kaartje.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Christmas card, Maaike! So many kittie lovers would adore it - thank you for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute and beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete