Wednesday 27 September 2017

Mission control, we have a birthday

This fortnight the challenge over at the Male room challenges is: anything goes with the option of technology.

I was asked to be the guest designer for this challenge and I'm so honored and happy :-D.

The Male room is all about cards for men, but also boys.
So for my card I chose an Astronaut in space. It takes a lot of technology to get them up there.

I started my card by watercoloring my space on Schut classic watercolor paper 300grams/140lbs. It's pretty rough in texture, so not good for stamping, I use them for these things.


For the space I used Talens Ecoline, a fluid watercolor. For the splatters I sued water, then Distress spray stains brushed pewter and picket fence, then Ecoline white.
I have a video on how I did a background similar on my Youtube channel.

I then diecut a window from a cardpanel and stamped the sentiment from the My Favorite Things set (space explorer) with Versafine Onyx black ink.

The little astronaut is from the same set and I stamped him with Simon Says Stamp hybrid black ink and colored him with Spectrum Noir markers. I chose primary colors as I thought they're more boyish.

I chose my favorite bit of my "space" panel and stuck in on the cardbase with red sticky tape, as that's nice and strong. Then I mounted the panel with the window with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase too. I cut out the astronaut and mounted his head with foamtape and the rest with tape runner and stuck him on the front.

The I used the Nuvo shimmer pen in clear gloss to add glitter to the balloons...it's really stubtle but a card needs some shimmer haha.

For more information on the Male Room challenge, or to play along, see this



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and an enormous honour to have you Guest Design with us at The Male Room. Thanks so much Maaike!

    ReplyDelete