Sunday 24 September 2017

Everday Christmas card series #17- partial diecutting (gone wrong), with video

For #17 I wanted to do some partial diecutting with my new small plates. BUT those are thicker and they would go through the normal sandwich but left a pretty deep impression in both the plate and the paper :-(

I started the card bu making my own glitterpaste.
I used the ranger transparent gloss and Distress reinker in tumbled glass with blue glitter, mixed it in well and spread it through a Simon Says Stamp stencil (falling snow) onto the cardbase. I mixed just a tiny amount and had enough to make 4 cardbases.

then I traced a circle with the die onto a Crafter's companion neenah panel and stamped the snowman from Craft Sensations with My Favorite Things hybrid licorice ink.
Proceeded with the partial diecutting, you'll have to watch the video for the comedy act ;-)

I used Spectrum Illustrator to color the snowman.
Diecut the pine trees from Craft Emotions from black cardstock and used taperunner to add it to the window.

Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase that was now dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment