Saturday 8 July 2017

Splotches

The Less is More challenge is also running for a fortnight to coincide with the AAA cards challenge.

It's: one layer with a colored cardbase....WAY out of my comfort zone, but it wouldn't be a challenge, without it being challenging, right?

For my card I used a minty cardstock from my stash. For me it's not sturdy enough, but it seemed to hold it's weight during photography, it's just my preference I guess.

I used the Tim Holtz stencil "splotches" and applied Distress inks Peacock feathers and mermaid lagoon through it.
I them stamped a bold/masculine ish sentiment from Sizzix (birthday by
Stephanie Barnard) with Versafine onyx black ink.
No rhinestones or sequins as I wanted to keep it as masculine as possible.

For more information on the Less is More Challenge, see this

5 comments:

  1. I love the softly inked bubbles floating across the card - what a super look! A perfect CAS card with its clean layout and beautiful colours. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooi gedaan weer Maaike. Groetjes, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maaike
    The effect you created even on this "simple" card is just great!
    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful color choices and stencils are just perfect for quick, cute one layers! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and colour, love it ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete