Tuesday 25 July 2017

Katzelkraft, Riley and company and Talens ecoline, with video

For today's card I used a new stamp I got at the craft store today.
Katzelkraft mini 088 a really fun ostrich. There's a lot of weird dogs and cats in this release, but I only liked this one oh and a tree.

The sentiment is from Riley and Company (rwd 524) and I stamped it in Versafine onyx black ink.
I stamped the ostrich image on Schut coldpressed watercolorpaper with Simon Says Stamp Intense black ink and colored it with Talens Ecoline.
The beaks of ostriches seem to have a darker spot in front, I tried to emulate that, but I didn't like it ;-)
Also I used the Nuvo shimmer pen (clear gloss) on it's beak, for a fun shimmer.
I think the sentiment went so well with the image and made it a masculine card of some sorts.

I'm sorry the last bit of the  video cut out, but all you miss is me fiddling with foam tape ;-)

I also showed you another stamp I got today, I shall be using that in he next video/blogpost.

4 comments:

  1. It's such a joy to watch you watercolor. Love the stamp choices. I've watched your other watercolor videos and would like to know the brand name of the small 'paint stirrers' and where to buy them. I'm in the US. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've seen similars on ebay, but a bit expensive I think they're less that a euro here, if you want I can send you a pack

      Delete
  2. thank you, the stirrers are for coffee or other beverages. In the Netherlands you can find them in most supermarkets next to the plastic cutlery and cups and plates and such. Or if you work in an office you might have them as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! That sentiment is perfect with that guy!

    ReplyDelete