Sunday 4 June 2017

playful seals spinner card

For my card today I used two new stamp sets, one is seaside seagulls from My Favorite things and the other is playful seals from Marianne design.
I stamped the images on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper with Simon Says Stamp intense black ink. I colored the images with Spectrum Noir markers. I had the Brother Scan n cut cut them out.

For the background I made a mask or stencil with a circle die, from some scrap paper, sturdy paper though. I used Distress inks Mermaid lagoon and blue print sketch for my ocean, then splattered water on it, for bubbles.


For the interactive/spinner bit I used a piece of mica (sturdy acetate), but a bit of packaging if you have it would work great too. I pierced a hole in the card base and the acetate and put a brad through it, to make the acetate spin more easily I used two layers of card stock underneath the brad, you can see me fiddle with those little circles in the video...quite funny if you;re not the one doing it ;-)...
the glues the seals and seagull in place with Aleene's fast grab tacky glue.
I stamped the sentiment with Versafine onyx black ink and heat set it.

No comments:

Post a Comment