Thursday 15 June 2017

Father's day card, with video

When I say this cute bear stamp fishing I thought of masculine cards, infact I don't even know the terminology, you'll see in the video...;-) I'm sorry..It's not my thing, never was.
The bear stamp is from Your Next Stamp and it's called great catch.

I made also a mask  on Inkadinkado masking paper as I wanted the Avery Elle beside the sea beach huts behind  the fisherman.


When I cut masks I like to cut really closely, in fact I cut ON the stamp line, or even more on the inside, that really prevents white lines around the image, especially apparent when you do ink blending...
I then placed the fisherman stamp on Schut hot pressed watercolor paper 300grams/140lbs.
I placed the mask on top and then placed the beach huts.
I was lazy and only cut the head of the bear out and then decided to put the huts lower and so i masked some of the huts off, but as they're just vertical lines I traced them at the end of the coloring with my Steadtler pigment liner.

I did some partial die cutting to get the oval shape, but also the bits sticking out, I thought that made it more fun and macho.
See the video on how, it's easier than explaining it on paper.

I used Aquablend pencils from Spectrum Noir. I show the colors on screen, but a few from each tin, I'm afraid ;-)
For the fish I thought some shimmer from the Nuvo shimmer pen  (clear gloss) would be fun as fish are always shiny (and slimy)

The sentiment is from Marianne Design, it's a year or two old, but any you have would do.
Don't think I need more than one father's day stamp...unless he keeps them!
Anyway I used Versafine onyx black ink for the sentiment, and heat set it.
There's a cat hair, I also inked up :-(
In fact I'm surprised my cats aren't bald as there's hairs everywhere and I brush and brush and brush..they like being brushed. Sorry for the hairs.
Mounted the panel with foam tape and adhered it to the card base.

This card is not for my dad by the way, his is already on it's way ;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment