Tuesday 7 February 2017

Young at Heart

Young at Heart is the Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp.
Also they're showcasing Simon Says Stamp exclusive products as it's the first challenge of the month.

And I'd like to apologise right now as I have used some SSS products, but not only or mainly.
As Soon as I read "young at heart" I knew I wanted to use this speeding elderly in her mobility scooter Art Impressions throttle spinner), she's laughing like she's having a whale of a time, not how most use their scooter thing ;-),she's yougn at heart..
Also paired with the coolest and funniest sentiment from Riley Company (RWD 540).
I used the SSS Celebration time dies to cut out the heart shaped balloons and the SSS Springtime critters for the little heart stamps inside the balloons.

I stamped the image and sentiment with MFT hybrid black ink, only because I do not  have the SSS one (yet). I used Schut watercolor paper, my favorite. As I cut panels from a big block, they're not exactly the same size as a card front, but I don't mind, I usually fill the gap with washi tape or a patterned paper and today I contemplated using the SSS falling hearts stencil and Distress inks, but I decided against it.

I colored the image with Spectrum Noir aquablend, bit of a surprise for some of the colors as I haven't swatched them yet I really wasn't sure how they'd look, but I'm happy with it.
I did test run it and found my placement was off for the heart balloons.
I wanted to lady to look like she's speeding and the balloons wafting behind her, so I attached them with some blue color metal wire. just so I could bend the "strings". you could use normal thread with glue to harden it, but this was much easier ;-). I poked some holes under her steering wheel, to make it look like she has them tied to it, secured the wires on the back with some tape and mounted the panel with foamtape.
Wink of stella on the balloons, lips and on her hair because the sentiment says "those aren't grey hairs, they are strands of glitter"....good name, I shall use it for mine ;-).

Spectrum Noir colors I used: Lagoon on her dress and one balloon,Cherry on the lips and one balloon, blueberry on the scooter and a balloon,fossil grey and asphalt for the road she drives on and her hair,hyacinth and fig for the vest, shoes, helmet and goggles, brunette for the basket and wheels. Watermelon and honeycomb for ther skin.

I added some speeding stripes with a fineler from Steadler, just like they do in comic books ;-).

In the video I talk about the position of a directional stamp: if an image looks left or right it's best to leave as much room in front of them, so on my test run I put the lady all the way to the right, but for the balloons I had to shift her a little to the left, but still giving her as much room as possible. It's more pleasing to the eye they taught me in school, it also wouldn't make sense if she were on the left and "driving" out of frame, try it, you'll see..

I made the card last year for my Mother's birthday and I used paper flowers and the little doggie from SSS beautiful ride, thought about it, but I didn't want to repeat myself ;-) although I think all old ladies have one of those little doggies in their baskets, hell I have cats in my bike basket sometimes and I'm not that old yet hahaha, no really my passport is proof ;-)

The video cut out at 30 minutes I thought I didn't miss anything much except the coloring of the road as it turns out, sorry.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. see this

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love this stamp set and what you've created with it! so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that beautifully coloured image, it just made me laugh out loud and adore the card you've created with it! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete