Thursday 1 December 2016

Ornamental Newton with video

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: anything goes, showcasing Concord and 9th.
I don't have anything from that brand, sorry.

So instead I chose this cute kitty I got in my last SSS haul. And as SSS has started selling Talens ecoline I used those too.

I started my card by stamping the image with My Favorite Things hybrid black ink and the MISTI allowed me to stamp it trice, I used the smoother side of my watercolor paper (Schut aquarel)
And then I used Versafine black onyx ink to stamp the sentiment, from the same set, directly on the cardbase.

I used a range of colors from Tales Ecoline, a fluid watercoloring medium. I pour it into icecube trays and color from there, so not to  contaminate the little glass pots, and it's easier to carry around than 48 glass jars ;-). Once dry you can rehydrate them with no problems.

I had a few splotches appear out of nowhere and washed them out with clean water, but with the last one I thought "why bother?" and used a stitched round circle die to cut out the image. Popped it up with foam tape.
I added some metallic copper like looking washi tape with tiny stars to the cardbase and popped the panel on top.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wedneday Challenge, see this




1 comment:

  1. cute kitties always work for a fill in :) such a sweet card!! thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete