Tuesday 15 November 2016

(masculine) CAS birthday card

I did put the masculine between brackets, I think it is, but I am no man, so not sure if it is ;-)

So I made this card  for my dad and for the Addicted to CAS card challenge: ombre.
My ombre is in the Distress inkblending behind the checker board or diamond cut outs. For it I used Cracked pistachio, peacock feathers and Mermaid lagoon, one of my favorite "recipes".

I started the card by diecutting the diamonds from Neenah solar white cardstock. It's a Sissix/Tim Holtz die (660220).
I then stamped the dog from Katzelkraft (les Chiens) and the sentiment from CraftEmotions (gefelciteerd-nl) with Memento Tuxedo black ink.
I colored the dog with Spectrum Noir markers ( EB1-EB2-EB8-TN7-TN8-GB8-FS8 and CR6) and a Copic (C1).

I sponged the Distress inks directly on the cardbase with the mini inkblending tools and adhered the panel with tape runner and a bit of glue from the quicky glue pen.


Where-ever you locks onto on the card, your eyes will be guided in a circle,say you start at the sentiment and go right, the point in the diamonds wil make you eye travel down, to the dog, upwards to his eyes and then back to sentiment...try it..it's a trick I've learnt at artschool ;-)

For more information on the Addicted to CAS challenge, see this



1 comment:

  1. Terrific birthday card, your Dad is sure to love it!
    Great video, I learned a lot.
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete