Saturday 1 October 2016

Cat on the moon...

..could be a Halloween card, but it's a birthday card!

I made it for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: anything goes with Spellbinders, and the
AAA cards Challenge #74: masking.

I used a Penny Black stamp called Cat on the moon. I stamped it with Memento ink onto Neenah solar white cardstock and on some Inkadinkado masking paper.
I cut out the shape and those itsy bitsy stars..that wasn’t easy ;-)

I masked the cat and stars off and used an ink blending tool at first, but I was peeling off ste stars and the corners of the moon, so I switch to a brush to put on a layer of Distress inks tumbled glass and broken china.

Removed the masks and colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and then stamped the sentiment
from Clearly besotted (brushed greetings II), also with Memento ink and with the help of the MISTI as I wasn’t  going to mess up now ;-)...I didn’t lol

I cut the panel smaller with the help of a rectangle die (Could have been Spellbinders, butI don’t have any) and mounted it with foam tape to a card base.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this
For more information on the AAA cards challenge, see this


4 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful CAS design Maaike, love the image, superb colouring and masked to perfection. I'm sure the recipient will love this one. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks it's for my friend, she will get it saturday, i hope she likes it

      Delete
  3. I saw your GORGEOUS card on AAA. Love the simple design and how you colored your cute scene. :o) Have a great day. :o)

    ReplyDelete