Sunday 4 September 2016

It's a stitch up! with video

The Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp, almost due to close is about adding a sewed element, real or faux.
For my stitching I used a die with a stitched edge to make a Neenah solar white panel for Spectrum Noir markers and Copic Markers coloring.

I stamped the image with Memento tuxedo black ink. It’s from Penny Black (xoxo).
As I started coloring I used Caucasian skin colors, but then thought the little girl looked Asian to me, so went over the skin with a TN2 for a more yellow tinged skin.
I added pleats into the skirt and then used glitter gel pens to dot the dress as if it’s made of sequins.
Little princess dress ;-)
The die cut is from a Dutch company (Nellie Snellen) and to foil it I brushed on Heidi Swapp Minc reactive spray on the lower half. I intentionally did it a bit rough as I wanted a distressed look.
You could do a proper straight edge as well, I think that might be neat for a man card.
To make the die cut stronger I glued two layers on top of each other with Ranger multi medium matte glue.
To adhere the panel I used  the ATG tape and I mounted it flush, to adhere the sentiment I used a bit more multi medium glue.
I considered adding enamel dots or sequins around the panel as I felt it was a bit empty, but the sparkle on her dress and the shiny foiled die cut seemed enough glitz and glamour lol

The foil is from Wow! Fabfoil (dark blue).
I was trying to replicate a coloring I did a few months ago on a 8'x11' sheet (coloring page actually) It's easier to do it on the big in my opinion and I don;t feel 100% happy with the outcome, but yeah i'm my worst critic ;-) and tastes vary.

For more information ont he Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this



1 comment:

  1. Maaike, your coloring is wonderful!! The stitching adds a nice touch around the edge. I like how you got your distressed look. Thanks so much for joining us this week for our Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp! xx Maura

    ReplyDelete