Monday 12 September 2016

Halloween cat with partial diecut see through moon, with videos

The Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is: at the movies featuring Spellbinders products.

I don't have any Spellbinders products I'm afraid, but I thought this little cat flying past the moon looks a lot like that clip from E.T. with the boy on the bike...

It's a stamp from Wild Rose Studio called Halloween cat.
I stamped it on watercolor paper from Schut with My Favorite Things hybrid black in and the used a circle die to partially die cut the moon. I used a craftknife to cut around the cat.
To Make the moon I used yellow kite paper.
On hindsight the panel I made to hide the edges of the kite paper could have been the cardbase, I didn't think far ahead enough ;-).
I used Talens Ecoline to watercolor the panel and the Splattered white ecoline and Distress spray stain in Brushed pewter for the stars.
Wink of stella on the hat and mantel.
Stuck the panel to the cardbase that also has a hole. I like the light to shine through the kite paper.
As my watercolor panels are always slightly narrower and longer I filled the gap with some patterened paper and cut off the extra bit at the end, to make sure it all fits and not be too small or anything silly like that ;-)

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this


Part one:

















Part two:

3 comments:

  1. your card is adorable Maaike...such a beautiful night sky background and one spooky cute kitty kat...thank you for sharing over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such an absolutely clever and adorable card! That sky you made is INCREDIBLE! I adore all the swirls of color and how you made it look like a magical night. And I smiled when I read about this card reminding you of that scene in ET! I totally see it, too, and it brought a smile to my face! It's always a treat to see your work, so thanks for your support of the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete