Friday 20 May 2016

CAS Colour & Sketches Challenge #174


The challenge this week is colours.
I thought Distress inks Dusty concord and peacock feathers were a good match to the Stampin' up ones.
For my silver I used Papermania superfine silver embossingpowder on the dragons' horns and a shimmer glitterpaper as the background.

I started by diecutting the windows (Simon Says Stamp tri-square) out of a cardpanel, slightly smaller than the cardbase.
The sentiment is from Impression obsession (c9935) and I stamped it with Versafine. set it aside to dry,

Meanwhile I stamped the little dragons (Clearly besotted - hotstuff) with MFT hybrid black ink on Schut hotpressed and smooth watercolouring paper 300grams.
For the horns I used the Versamarker to "wet" the littlest areas and then sprinkled on the embossing powder. I didn't get a perfect coverage, but I like that in this case ( I could have done 2 or 3 layers) as  it ads to the dimension also I left the stray powder on their skin as it ads a bit of shine, there's isn't much stray powder anyway. I think now it looks much like the pitted shimmer paper on the background.

I used a white Sharpie to dot the eyes, then cut them out and neatened up the edges with the Memento black marker.
Popped the dragons and the panel onto foamtape and then placed them in their little windows.

So cute ;-)

For more information on the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge, see this


Updat May 31st:

8 comments:

  1. Wow Maaike, just loving your cute card and sweet little dragons ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Great job with the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cute little dragons look amazing in the purple and turquoise, great silver touches too. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little dragons and the placement in the windows is perfect! Thanks for joining us at CC&S again this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maaike, those are the most darling little dragons ever! I love how they are peeking out from the windows. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and the colours are perfect for those dinos too. Thanks so much for playing at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they're so cute, peeking out of those little Windows. Great way to use the challenge colours. Thanks for joining us at CC&S again this week
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maaike, these are so cute, a great use of the challenge colours! I love the slver background and horns! It's lovely to see you back again at CC&S. Caro x

    ReplyDelete