Thursday 25 February 2016

Rainbow butterflies thank you card

I'd like to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: anything goes with Memory Box
and the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesdays Challenge February: something floral.

For my card I used a Memory box stencil called drifting. I didn't use the same layout (well at first Idid, but I didn't like it), I used two of the openings to sponge Distress inks through them in a rainbow order (wilted violet, candied apple, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, cracked pistachio and broken china).

I then selected images from the Simon Says Stamp "hello friends"stampset. Unfortunately my favorite stamp from that set is missing, the one with three petals..clear so good luck finding it!..used the little images to add the floral touch and the pattern to the wings.
For this I used Ranger dye inks (grape soda, classic cherry, cheese puff, lemon twist, electric lime, caribbean coast.

These are my first  colored  "stamping" dye inks and so I can't compare, but I found they're very hard to clean off stamps; even with a shammy and Hero Arts stampcleaner, some residue persists, messing up the next color. You can see it in the green, bit of purple left, no biggie though. A few days ago I wanted to use a solid balloon stamp (Simon Says Stamp birthday balloons) and I just couldn't get the true color for some reason. Memento and Versafine black clean up easily.

Anyway rant over ;-) tips welcome...

The sentiment is also from Memory Box ( a little thanks) and I diecut it from black cardstock.
I wanted to add a strip of black on the bottom as well, but I just got the ATG gun and that tape is very sticky! and I forgot, so not wanting to mess up all my work I decided to add some bling in the form of rhinestones in different sizes instead.



5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love your design as well as those gorgeous colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Such a great design! Love the butterflies!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete