Thursday 11 February 2016

Cas Colours & Sketches Challenge #160

Cas Colours & Sketches Challenge #160

For my card I used a stencil I bought yesterday, it's from Tim Holtz (splotches) I thought it looked like car tracks  when used fully.

I, ofcourse, played with it yesterday and made said cartracks with Distress inks ( mermaid lagoon, mowed lawn and twisted citron)

Today when the sketch appeared I thought I could use elements from the stencil to make the 3 dots from the sketch. They could have

been any shape, but somehow this all made sense ;-)
Used the same colours as I like that combination a lot.
Did a  lot of masking to make sure I wouldn't get ink in the next splotch and then I put the lid of  mowed lawn on the panel..:-( trimmed off the ink smearing and instead of it being a one layer card it now became the panel for my card.
I wanted to also enter it into a one layer challenge, still have the other though, so...

The sentiment is from Sizzix (birthday by Stephanie Barnard) and I stamped it with Versafine ink.

Few matching rhinestones to lift the card, I'm such a magpie haha.

Mounted the panel flush to the cardbase with taperunner.


For more information on the Cas Colours & Sketches Challenge, see this





updated February 23rd:


4 comments:

  1. Fun card! And what a great way to use the stencil! Love the colors and the added bling! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I do that all the time with the lids from my inkpads, usually when I'm tidying up having finished the artwork for a card. Then, like you say, you have to trim it down or cover the mistake! Every time I tell myself I won't do it again, but... Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week Maaike. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some stencils, but I never think to use them. This card is inspiring me to consider pulling them out and giving them a go. I really like the vibrant colors you used for the circles! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great CAS card. Beautiful colours too. Thanks for joining us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Hope to see you again soon. Liz x

    ReplyDelete