Thursday 28 January 2016

Simon Says Stamp Exclusives

Simon Says Stamp Exclusives

I got my dies in from the Diecember order, and I love them! the bold painted (brushstroke like) sentiment and the  scribbly flowers from painted roses really caught my fancy so I ordered them! ha

I'd like to enter my card to:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: anything goes with Simon Says Stamp exclusive products
and
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday January 2016: something new



So for my new I used these fabulous dies and the new Distress inks Candied apple, carved pumpkin and an old one mustard seed.

I started by painting 2 panels with the Distress inks, diluted with Perfect pearls mist instead of water, for a glorious shimmer.
I wanted the roses and the sentiment the same, but I changed my mind ;-) Chose black instead.

I diecut the roses from white cardstock first, but I also changed my  mind here and went for black also, the white dissapeared against the white cardbase, so I diecut them again from black and glued them on top of the white, I didn't do a perfect job, on purpose, I kind of liked the drop shadow effect it gives, altough white, not shadow colored ;-)...
I then cut the roses out with scissors.
I diecut Happy Birthday from the card panel and placed the  other watercolored panel behind it.
I thought it was too samey and was detracting attention from the roses and well, we can't have that!
I really like stamping sentiments in black and love bold sentiments so I diecut it all again from white carstock and placed a black card behind the Happy Birthday

I adhered the roses with foamtape at different heights so one, two layers or just flush agaisnt the panel.
I tucked the leaved behind the flowers.
Few dew drops  here and there.
Mounted the panel onto the cardbase with tape runner

For more information about these challenges, click the links
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: anything goes with Simon Says Stamp exclusive products
and
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday January 2016: something new



3 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful. :) Yeah - you're not guest designing at CAS Colours & Sketches after January but you can run but you can't hide. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! i just love the pop of color with the black! so striking! thank you for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete