Tuesday 1 December 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #21: glitter!

Virginia's View Challenge #21: glitter!

I love glitter! for breakfast, erhm I mean always.
It might be time for glittery Christmas cards but I made a special thank you card for the wonderful Virginia.
For running an amazing blog and hopefully she'll be back after an invigorating rest.
I loved taking part in the challenges and I'm sad to see it come to an end. Although nothing is set in stone.
I hope she'll find the energy and enthousiasm and time to continue, but for now a BIG kiss and a heartfelt thanks.
Just pretend you got this card for real instead of  a photo, and if you'd like to get it, send me your address...no really I will send it if you like!

Ok so I made a stencil, for the stripes, I inked them up with Distress inks (squeezed lemonade, spiced marmalade and worn lipstick, because of the name lol)
I then mixed Wendi Vecchi translucent embossing paste
with and iridescent fine glitter and applied it through the stencil. If you have that wonderful wide stripe stamp from Simon Says Stamp, please feel free to use that. I need to be creative in my solutions sometimes...
Let it dry.
In the meantime I stuck some Elizabeth Crafts double sided adhesive on black cardstock and die cut the thanks (Memory box, a little thanks)
the kiss is a sticker I found today whilst out shopping for, dare I say it...real handkerchiefs for my glasses...I can't
remember how many times I pulled out my shirt today to dry them...oof... it's been a wet few days haha.
So if you live close to a Wibra in the Netherlands or Belgium I urge you to have a look, they also have Christmassy glitter stickers..hint hint..

I stuck the panel down on a cardbase and adhered matching sequins, the pale yellow ones are from Neat and Tangled (buttercream satin) the rest probably also Wibra ;-) Dunno, don't label stuff....but i try to keep the original packaging.
I also recorded the whole process in a nice video if you'd like to see, link below.





Again a huge thank you to Virginia and her crew! we love you!
xxx


For more information on the Virginia's View Challenge #21: glitter!, see this




1 comment:

  1. You are SOOOOO sweet, Maaike! I will keep in mind about your encouragement when I plan on a come-back! The colors are absolutely yummy! GREAT job on creating this video, too! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Glitter” Challenge! I so appreciate your awesome support for this challenge in the past. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete