Saturday 31 October 2015

Less is More Challenge #248: paper piecing

Less is More Challenge #248: paper piecing.

at first I read it as pieRcing, then looking at the Dt cards it didn't quite make sense, so I looked at the challenge again..duh...bit dyslexic sometimes lol...
for my card I used Inkadinkado stampset welcome baby for the image and sentiment.
Stamped the little elephant on striped paper and on yellow paper with miniscule white daisies on it.
I then cut it all out and stuck it all back together on Neenah solar crest paper as at first I wanted to use my markers to color the head. added some shading to the body with a neutral grey but that made the yellow paper look dirty so I went over all the yellow with a buttercup yellow Copic which made the daisies dissapear but also the dirty grey shadows, so that was good.
I offset the image to the left as it's facing right and I think it always looks better if the image looks "into" the card, if that makes sense.
I took inspiration from Chrissies card to make a top panel with a diecut, she used a stitched circle I used a plain heart, going off the page on one side.
I would have been quite happy with a one layer too btw, but the heart frames the image and gives it a little extra.

For more information on the Less is More Challenge #248: paper piecing, see this




8 comments:

  1. Awwww, this is so very cute

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and beautifully done Maaike!
    Gorgeous and adorable baby card and thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! And your sentiment is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maaike what a cutie! He is placed just right, looking to the centre as you say.
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little ellie in his striped pyjamas! Great layout and fab sentiment too.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a real cutie... a lot of people mistake paper piecing and paper piercing... only one letter different!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete