Monday 1 June 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #15: ombre & monochromatic

Virginia's View Challenge #15: ombre & monochromatic.

I've used the Simon Says Stamp Waves stencil first and sponged an ombre effect from left to righ, but also from top to bottom, which is harder to see in the photo, but it's there ;-)
then I used black ink and the Penny black stampset Trims to add to the background.
I was in doubt at first, told myself I can always redo the background, but now I think it adds depth to this funky retro wallpaper background..groove out! lol

Then I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says stamp birthday balloons, onto a strip of vellum, also in real life the tiny birthday is darker and more prominent, I've tried to photograph it differently, but it just won't show up...sorry

For more information on the Virginia's View Challenge, see this



7 comments:

  1. Great take on the challenge. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Ombre background over your stenciled and stamped images. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely breath-taking, Mayyike! These gorgeous Ombre colors truly demands attention! Beautiful choice/use of stencil and element! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Ombre/Monochromatic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! Love these bright colours...fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy card! Beautiful bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!!!! I love the black on top of all the color.

    ReplyDelete