Saturday 20 June 2015

The Friday Mashup Challenge #214 Stencil this!

The Friday Mashup Challenge #214 Stencil this!

Ok so Summer starts tomorrow and this is the second Christmas/winter card i've made today!...I guess it's because I had some of the supplies out and I really like the blue tones for a frosty look.


I used the Dutch Doo Ba Doo stencil as  a stamp, meaning you slather the stencil in dye ink (Distress in my case) then spray it with water until soaking.

you remove it from the spot it was otherwise you'll pick up the water and maybe colour in the "holes" bits of the stencil too.
I laid a piece of watercolour on top and let the dye soak in for a good 30 seconds I think.
wherever the holes there should be a crisp white image.
the sentiment is from Avery Elle (let is now) and the snowflake die is from Marianne Design.

For more information on the Friday Mashup Challenge, see this


I first  made a different version, but that wasn't monochromatic and I wanted to mash things up ;-)
I've sponged the Distress inks (inlcuding the new twisted citron, fast becoming a favourite) and then mixed translucent embossing paste with iridescerent glitter, hope you cans ee the shimmer in the photo, i'll keep this for another card ;-)


3 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of using the stencil to make a background in that way - color first then place card stock. I'll have to try it! Very beautiful card. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. Snowflakes are always fun to play around with. Thanks for playing along this week at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Christmas card, you did a great job mashing up the challenge!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete