Thursday 19 March 2015

AAA cards challenge #35

The challenge: a bare naked baby's bottom.
I have to say it stumped me for a few days.
Bare bottom, does it mean the bottom of the card needs to be bare? all of it? I didn't know how to proceed...but I finally came up with this white on white design with a little pop of pink.
It is the 4th time I redid it as well.
Previously I made a bigger stencil for the flowers (just a circle and oval dies). But as I use regular acetate I couldn't see where it was, so I decided to color it in with alcohol markers, which worked, until I put on the embossing paste from Dutch DooBaDOO, it smeared the brown alcohol ink :-(.
Then I made smaller flowers and the stencil broke.
Made another stencil, but the Dutch doo ba doo paste remained yellow upon drying.
Switched finally to Wendy Vecchi embossing paste and had grease spots on the paper..sigh.
Now I finally got is as I wanted. 
Initially I wanted to use a Memory Box stencil with a flutter of butterflies and the Translucent Embossing paste, also from Wendy Vecchi, which I did on the first card, didn' t like that. Also ruined card #1 and #2 with pink stamping and pink washi tape.
Instead now I made a few faux enamel dots with pink punched dots and Aleene's Paper glaze.
I just got that and was hoping it would be alike the glossy accents, it seems it is, so I was happy with that ;-).
Punched a few butterflies and creased them a little to give dimension and shading so you
can see them. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and I diecut that also from white and stuck it on ( I use Elizabeth Craft 2.5" double sided adhesive on the back and run paper and adhesive throught my Big Shot at once and get instant stickers, very sticky stickers!.
Taking a picture was the final hurdle, it didn't want to come out white with my normal camera, so finally shot it with my phone under the daylight growing lights I use for my allotment plants.
All in all I'm now happy with the result and I think it's as bare as you can go ;-). It was quite the delivery  (of a baby lol)...
For more info on the AAA challgenge, see this.



8 comments:

  1. Great use of embossing paste and I love the pop of pink. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mixture of embossing and die cuts. Great card. Thanks fr playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheer elegance Maaike.
    perfect for a 'bare naked' challenge at AAA cards.
    thanks so much
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you just went through one of those card moments when one can't believe how much work can go into a Clean and Simple card. Yours came out wonderful and thanks so much for sharing it with us at AAACards. Cheers, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, you just went through one of those card moments when one can't believe how much work can go into a Clean and Simple card. Yours came out wonderful and thanks so much for sharing it with us at AAACards. Cheers, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the white on white design with the splash of pink - you nailed the Bare Naked challenge perfectly! Your card was really worth all the effort that you put into it! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and subtle! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards Challenges! Justine

    ReplyDelete