Thursday 7 September 2017

Using up scraps, keeping it CAS, with videos

Hello, for today's cards I thought I would use up some of the scraps I created this past week by making giftboxes for the little giftshop I volunteer in.
I don;t like to keep scraps laying around really. I have one bucket full of Christmas scraps from all the gift boxes or favors I make then. Also my Birthday is just a week before Christmas, So I tend to treat people with little somethings :-D.

I started by trimming a few with roughly to the size of my cardbase, keeping an eye on the direction of the print, you know which way is up.

The I pulled out a few nice sentiment stamps and the Lawn Fawn puffy cloud borders. Of course you can use any shaped border die, think scalloped, waves, straight, with stitched details or just a plain cut with your trimmer, the possibilities are endless and you can use whatever you have. I, per example, don't have any scalloped edges as of yet....

I use taperunner for the scrap bit, to attach it to the cardbase and then foamtape for the white panel.
This panel is thinner than the cardbase. I mainly use 140lbs/300grams so with this I can use up the 110lbs/250grams and the 80lbs/160grams paper I never use
otherwise.


I also thought to use up some of the homemade enamel dots I made with the Wow embossing powders and homemade gluedots.

No comments:

Post a Comment