Thursday 14 September 2017

Oldie but goodie card series #17: diy stencil, with video

For today's card, I made a stencil with "splotches" dies I found on Ali express.
I cut it from cardstock, as I ran out of thin acetate.
I used only one of the splotches, my favorite one and applied Distress inks through it (mustard seed, candied apple and mermaid lagoon) with a mini ink blending tool. Kind of pouncing it on as the stencil is very delicate.
I positioned the splotches slightly more to the right so I could nestle the sentiment in on the left.
I used Technique Tuesday's You're fabulous by Ali Edwards, the Frantic Stamper still has 2 on stock at the moment of filming.
I stamped it using the Be creative stampers friend and Versafine onyx black ink.

A few rhinestones to add a bit of sparkle, I made sure to position them in a triangular shape in matching colors and colorless ones.


2 comments:

  1. Wat een super idee. Deze splash heb ik ook volgens mij. Je brengt me op ideeën

    ReplyDelete