Sunday 11 June 2017

You are mermazing, with video

I think everyone has this stamp set, and rightly so, it's too cute.
I used is for an under the sea collage.
To start I die cut the Memory box under the sea collage die from sturdy 140lbs card stock.
I stamped the sentiment with Versafine onyx black ink, and something went wrong there.
So started again. I put the sentiment a little to the left, so I could use a shell image from the stamp set as a sort of embellishment.

I stamped the images onto Crafter's Companion Neenah paper and cut them out with the Brother Scan n cut. I then colored them with Spectrum Illustrator and Spectrum Noir markers.

For the background I masked off the edges of the card base and inkblended Distress inks onto the base: tumbled glass, salty ocean and mermaid lagoon.
I then splattered water over it and then Dyslusions white linen spray, it's not opaque, so together with the real opaque white from Talens eocline you get three layers of bubbles adding a lot of depth...which you can't see much of in the end, but I know it's there! Also sprayed the lot with Shimmer spritz sparkle version for a glorious glitter.
Stuck the mermaid in place with tape runner.
Added the panel, i had mounted with foam tape. I'm sorry the camera cut off, it was 31 minutes or so into the filming. but you know how to apply foam tape and tape runner ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment