Tuesday 20 June 2017

Oldie but goodie #8, with video

Today the oldie part is not an old supply, don't worry I haven't run out yet, but I thought a technique could also be an oldie.
I used to do this acrylic block printing/smooshing a lot, I haven't done so in ages, and I want to breathe new life into it.
As if I have that kind of power ;-)
Anyway...
I used Distress inks: mustard seed, ripe persimmon and picked raspberry, my favorite combo.
Instead of water spray I used the Shimmer spritz in the frost kind to dilute the Distress inks, gives it a glorious shimmer.
I used an acrylic block, but I've been known to use such things as plastic rulers too, for a narrow band of color,CD cases, glass, anything non porous really.
I dabbed the ink pads on the block and then sprayed them with the Shimmer spritz.
Put my piece of (cheap) watercolor on top and then move it around as my paper is slightly bigger.
Not happy with the amount of pink showing I redo the process after heat setting the panel.

I chose a stitched round shape from Marianne design (cr 1360) but any brand or shape will do, I think a heat shape would be cool.

The "groetjes" mean little greetings, or hello more likely. I die cut it from white and black card with Stick it on the back.
Adhered the round panel to the card base with foam tape and them placed the words on top.
Few sequins (neat and Tangled butter cream and others) to fill up some of the space. you could also stamp a sentiment there from the stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment