Thursday 4 May 2017

Through the porthole

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: a hint of pink, showcasing Hero Arts.
I pulled out all my hero arts things and found lots of Christmas sets and a deer layering, a koi layering and a goldfish layering set, not typically pink ;-)....So I opted to Used the Simon Says Stamp tric circle die to make portholes.
I had left over fishes from my previous card/video and so I colored those. The new vintage set from Spectrum Noir had these gorgeous "dirty" old colors (vintage) and the pv range was just a perfect vintage pink for my octopus.
The one fish started with BP (bright pinks) but it was too bright, so I toned her down with PP (pastel pinks). The other fish I chose to to yellow and orange.

The background is inkblended Distress inks (mermaid lagoon and salty ocean) with sprinkles of water droplets.
The portholes I've built up with a circle die that was almost the same size as the tri circle, I stacked two white rings and one gold metallic card on top of each other, to create dimension and the feel of real portholes.
I mounted the panel with foamtape and then placed the fishes inside the windows. If you really want the feel of windows add a layer of acetate. I didn't as I wanted my ocotpus in and out, like he's trying to come onto the ship! Now if you left that porhole open, the ship has probably sunk ;-) but hey...details details lol...

The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn (mermaid for you) and I stamped it with Versafine black onyx ink.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a fabuloug fishy card, love the vibrant colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete