Monday 12 December 2016

Watercoloring Art Impressions Christmas cheer penguin, with video

The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: let it snow.


I started my card by die cutting the word "snow" from Schut watercolor paper. I used Lawn Fawn Finley's ABC, used my grid mat to line them up and taped them in place, sadly the N still moved, but hey, it's handmade so I left it.

I then partial stamped a sentiment from Avery Elle let is snow set and only used the "let it" to complete my own sentiment.
To stamp this I used My Favorite Things Hybrid black ink and I also used this to stamp the penguin from Art Impression Christmas cheer set.

I used Distress inks to watercolor my critter : mowed lawn, barn door, salty ocean, mustard seed spiced marmalade, hickory smoke and black soot.

What I should have done now instead of when I did it was to splatter white Ecoline from Talens on the card as if it's really snowing.


Instead I mounted the foam tape already as I had forgotten the splatter and when I heat set the splatter to prevent boo boos on the front I created one on the back as the glue melted and messed up the foam tape. Fixed it though ;-)

I cut a piece of glitter paper to go behind and below the watercolor panel, so it would make the word snow pop. If you like you could use a lighter blue or white as if real snow, but I kind of like the bold blue behind the panel.

Mounted the watercolor panel on top and that's the card done.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this



2 comments:

  1. Totally adorable, Maaike! Your penguin is the sweetest, and love the falling snow! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute image, and I love that brilliant blue glittery cardstock peeking through!

    ReplyDelete