Thursday 18 August 2016

Penny Black Adventures under the sea slider spinner card with two videos

The Monday challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is: Summer fun.
I used to do some scuba diving in summer when I was younger, I think swimming in the sea and diving is the ultimate summer fun. Unless you have the merky North sea so swim in ;-)

Anyway...the card.

I used the Penny Black set Adventures, stamped in Memento Tuxedo black in on neenah solar white and I did Spectrum Noir coloring, that's video one.

Then I fussy cut the images and went on to the assembly of the spinner/slider card.

I stamped the seaweed from Hero Arts color layering set goldfish with Ranger dye inks (lily pad and emerald isle).


I used the MISTI as I wanted them to be in the exact same position for the foreground and the background of the slider opening, so the seaweed isn't interrupted.

To made the slider opening I used a popsicle stick, that just happened to be on my desk and to be the right size, how lucky was that?
Otherwise I punch two holes either side and connect them, as I did in other videos.

I mounted two layers of foamtape, making sure to leave enough room. I cut a disc of the same blue paper (although you won't see it) and  adhered one small button on the disc (I used Aleene's fast grab tacky glue) and then positioned the panel over it and the girl panel, also adhered it with the same glue.


The other panels are mounted flush on the cardbase with tape runner (ATG gun). The waves were made with the My Favorite things  snowdrift die.
















I stamped the inside, as there wasn't enough room on the front in my opinion.
I used Joy! crafts seashore stamp set and Versafine black ink for that. Heat set it to be sure ;-)

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this



1 comment:

  1. So perfect for our challenge!!! Your card is fun and your coloring absolutely wonderful, the images are super cute! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete