Thursday 28 July 2016

Ornament shaker card

The Sketch over at CAS Colours & Sketches  for challenge #184 inspired me to make this shaker card.

I believe shakers can be CAS too.
For the card I used a panel slightly more narrow than the cardbase as in the sketch's two grey bars on either side.
I used a Memory Box die called Swirl ornament. But I onl used the outline shape. I did at first cut out the ornament from black as well, but decied against it, whilst making the card.
I kind of like how the window is  open and you can see the sequins and confetti shaking about, much better than if I have put the swirls back.

I swiped Distress inks Candied apple onto the cardbase, in the spot behind the ornament. This way the focus is all on the cut out shape I think.

I made a "classic"shaker with a double layer of foam and two layers of acetate, so you can see the colored cardbase.
I cut some small strips of gold glitter paper and attached them on eith side of the panel, to reinforce the sketch.

The sentiment is from Hero Arts (classic Christmas borders) and I stamped it with Versafine prior to building up the foam for the shaker and I heat set it to avoid boo boos ;-)

For more information on the CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge, see this









I made a similar card last year, and there's a video for it. The building of it didn;t quite go as smoothly as now ;-)

3 comments:

  1. So pretty, Maaike! Awesome shaker! Love the gold strips along the edge. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Maaike - it's absolutely gorgeous and totally CAS. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches again this week. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your festive card proves that shaker cards can indeed be CAS! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CC&S. :)

    ReplyDelete