Sunday 17 July 2016

AAA cards Challenge

AAA cards Challenge: one favorite.

So I think my new favorite item from my stash is the Penny Black stampset I got this week ( Buddy and Duck).

The images are sooooooo cute and although i'm more a cat person at heart these dogs still melt my heart.


It was so hard to choose the image to use for the challenge, but in the end I settled on Buddy flying away.

I stamped the image and the sentiment from the same set with My Favorite things hybrid black ink on Schut 300 grams watercolor paper.
I used the MISTI as I had to stamp the images a few times to get a good inpression on the knobbly paper.

I used Distress inks to color the image and for the splatter and then some Ranger enamel accents for the spots on the balloon, I found it impossible to avoid those ;-).
As the panel is slightly smaller than the cardbase I sued a strip of washi tape on the cardbase to fill the gap. and I thought it would match the balloon quite nicely with the white dots.

For more information on the AAA cards Challenge, see this

8 comments:

  1. Totally adorable and it is such a cute image. Really like how you added the enamel dots on the balloon, cool touch. Great to see you at AAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little guy! Great card. I love the dots on the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you picked this little guy as a favourite, he's adorable. Loving those enamel spots on the balloon, fab idea. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little card, what a cute character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little fella is adorable and I can see how he won your heart. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cuteness! thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete