Monday 29 February 2016

Take a leap into the unknown

Take a leap into the unknown.
That is the Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp.
I must admit I leapt yesterday with my faux bubblewrap.
I applied Ranger glossy transparant texture paste onto vellum for the first time ever!.
Never seen it anywhere so I wasn't sure it would work.
I used a pretty dotted stencil and when dry it looked and felt a little like bubblewrap, infact I wanted to pop the bubbles ;-)..

So today I played on this concept, and added color into the mix in the form of Distress Inks (picked raspberry and spiced marmalade)
I used a Simon Says Stamp Stencil (cicle dots) and sponged the inks through it, then the texture paste and let it dry.
This is 40lbs vellum or 80gsm so it took it quite well although it curled up and wrinkled a little, but then it
flattened back out when dry.

I added a black Simon Says Stamp diecut sentiment (smile circle) after I tried the painted hello in the same colors, it dissapeared. I kind of like how the sentiment fits into that circle perfectly.

I used glue dots to adhere the vellum hiding the gluedots behind the stenciled dots, so the corners lift a little, but I like that, as vellum is supposed to be light. I made my gluedots with Aleene's tacky over and over as I could make them as big or small as I needed, antoher leap of faith there ;-) worked!
:-D. You do this by dropping drops of glue onto an old and saved piece of release paper from double sided adhesive and let the drops go translucent and tacky. I guess wax paper would also work, but we don't have that here (at least not in the supermarket, maybe a butcher uses it).

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this


2 comments:

  1. Hi Maaike...what a fun technique and a wonderful result on your pretty card...thanks for joining in the fun at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely card and I adore how the texture paste looks on the vellum ~ what a fabulous idea! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete