Wednesday 6 January 2016

Lawnscaping Challenge #121: winterwonderland

Lawnscaping Challenge #121: winterwonderland

For my card I used the bunnies from Lawn Fawn's Hello Baby as snow bunnies.
I used the Lawn Fawn Finley's ABC for the word snow , which I diecut from the cardpanel.
The "let it" is from Avery Elle (let it snow stampset) and I partially stamped that.

The bunnies are stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink, the little one directly on the cardpanel, the mother on Neenah Classic

crest cardstock, why? because I messed up the  stamping of "let it" and had to cover it up ;-)
I wanted the mother on the  diecut window as she looks down and the little one looks up, so I used her to cover up my booboo, ssshhht don't tell anyone ;-) I fussy cut her out and went round the edges with a Memento tuxedo black marker and then adhered her on top  with some glue.
I mounted the cardpanel with foamtape and then adhered a piece of blue glitter paper on it and then attached the panel to the cardbase.
I was planning to use white glitterpaper, but that was boring, then light blue and it made the blue look dirty, as if I hadn't washed it properly, you know what I mean? so a nice bold blue that picks up the whole card I think, maybe snow isn't that deep a blue, but hey, I love it !
I colored the bunnies with my Spectrum Noir markers.

For more information on the Lawnscaping Challenge #121: winterwonderland, see this


there's a video, but it's only about cutting the foamtape (without headaches), not the whole card.



Edited January 18th:
My card was chosen in the honorable gnome section



3 comments:

  1. this is SO pretty! i LOVE those little snow bunnies! and no one would have ever known that you had little mess up with the 'let it' stamp!! the paper behind the snow cut out is DIVINE!! gorgeous!! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout of this card, and this bunnies are adorable! Thank you for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card. And that gorgeous glitter paper really makes the sentiment pop. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete