Sunday 10 January 2016

Addicted to CAS Challenge #79: cake


Addicted to CAS Challenge #79: cake


For my card I made a window by diecutting a circle in the cardbase, same size as the Simon Says Stamp die (birthday circle) the cupcake is also from that die set.
I've used purple glitter paper for the outline and sentiment. I made them into a sticker by adhereing double sided tape (elizabeth crafts) prior to diecutting.
I kept the birthday circle in the die whilst peeling off the backing, so it would be easier to place. Somehow I lifted it anyway and it went wonky. Now the Elizabeth Crafts tape is super sticky, so once down on the paper, it's stuck for good.
I thought about cutting away the inner edges, but frankly was worried to make it worse, and hey, it's handmade afterall ;-)
I diecut the inside of the cupcake from some watercolored paper scraps, I just happpened to have this glorious purple/lilac whipped cream and blue wrapping paper. adhered those in place with some liquid glue.
On the inside I used a stamp by Dovecraft, from the cupcake boutique and I stamped it in Versafine black onyx.
To stamp the sentiment I taped the card to the craftmat and when I peeled of the tape I damaged the cardstock..sigh...I covered  that up with some glitter washi tape.

 For more information on the Addicted to CAS Challenge #79: cake, see this


5 comments:

  1. What a great way to use this stamp set, Maiike! I love how the cupcake is peeking through the front of you card, and the purple glitter paper for your outline...so striking! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun take on our 1st challenge this year! Love the simplicity of your design and gorgeous colours. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS Challenge. -Ksenija, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Such a great idea to make a window for the that cupcake!!! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this die...you just inspired me to use it! Love the window. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete